Thursday, May 20, 2010

Update and Summary

10174

This last month has been pretty wild. I feel like I have been in Peru for a really long time. My first month here has passed and I am currently working on my independent project. I have visited most of the towns in the Sacred Valley; Pisaq, Calca, Urubamba, Chinchero, Ollantytambo, and Cusco. I am Currently in Quillabamba hanging out with a guy named Cristian and his frineds. Today I met up with two German guys that I know from the language school in Cusco. I go to the river almost every day and have many bug bites on my legs. I finally got my laundry done, it was very dirty. Language class was very good, I learned a lot of grammar and basic vocabulary. I am learning more vocabulary hanging out with the people here, but I am also loosing some of the grammar. I am currently planning on returning to Cusco on Saturday and then going to Iquitos, which is in the Northern jungle. Here there are monkeys, and tapirs, and parrots and other animals. I saw parrots in the high jungle of southern Peru, as well as tropical plants such as coffee, cacao, papayas, and bananas, but I really want to see what agriculture looks like in the North. I went to see small scale chocolate and coffee production today, it was really interesting. It was this woman who buys from small farmers and then sells her products to markets and has a coffee store at the Cusco airport. I have met many interesting people here, and I look forward to continue meeting people. I have some things to do here that would be a lot easier if I were in the states. I lost my driver´s licence while I was still in Cusco and need to call for a new one. Also I need to figure out next year. I am planning on taking next year off to work and gain residency in the state of WAshington. I want to take 4 credits if possible. Fall quarter I would like to take a class in Audio Recording and Winter and Spring quarters I want to take Spanish. I hope to get a job where I can use my Spanish.

No comments:

Post a Comment