Monday, April 26, 2010

April 2nd-3rd journal entry

This is my first journal entry for this trip...

Woke up later than I wanted to this morning, I felt a little ill this morning, didn´t sleep much the night before, stayed up talking to Cody. Packed up all my stuff and forgot my wristwatch. The craziness didn´t hit me until I got on the plane. I sat between two guys who spoke less Spanish than me. It was a good plane ride. Talked to the guys, tried to watch Pirates of the Caribbean in Spanish, but got a headache and turned it off. Navigating the Lima airport is pretty crazy, but there was lots of English. Met up with Alex, Ben, and Shannon. I bought Caprece at a restaurante a la aeropuerta. We hung out in a hallway in the Lima airport, got a lot of comments from people walking by. Met two people from Cusco who were very friendly. I bought a large Mango drink for 15 soles. It was really good and I had a good conversation with the guy who sold it to me. Can´t get my boarding pass until 3am, kind of inconvenient, but we´re just gonna chill. I´m trying to get some sleep, but I don´t know if I´ll be able too.

We are homeless bums at the Lima airport, ánd we can´t even understand the comments that the Peruvians are making about us. There is a chapel at the airport. I think I´m going to go there tonight to pray and read the bible. I got 400 soles from the ATM, can´t figure out how to unlock my phone and I don´t have a place to stay tonight in Cusco.

I went in to the Chapel and met Saul. We read Pedro y los Salmos 23-27, it was hard for me to understand him, but from what I got he had been deported from the United States. I prayed with him, me speaking broken Spanish with little bits of English and him speaking quietly in Spanish. He lives in Huaranca.

A dude quacked at us.

No comments:

Post a Comment